SF 2342 / HF 2855 – County Program Aid Modification & Appropriation
(related to local AIS work)
- Sends $10 million to counties for local AIS work ($250,000 for Hubbard County)
- Money is apportioned (50%) based on the number of watercraft ramps and 50% based on the number of watercraft trailer parking spaces at those ramps. Areas with higher need are apportioned greater funding.
- A county that receives funding must use the money soley to, “prevent the introduction of or limit the spread of invasive species at all access sites within the county, regardless of ownership or management.”
- Funding begins in 2015 and thereafter.
- Requires the Commissioner of the DNR and the Commissioner of Transportation to “cooperate in an effort to use weigh stations and rest areas, where feasible, as sites for watercraft decontamination and other activities to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.”
These are very important bills. Please e-mail your support to the Long Lake Legislators:
- Steve Green – 02B – MN House: email@example.com
- Rod Skoe – 02 – MN Senate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't live in Park Rapids? Find “Who Represents Me” at Minnesota Legislature: http://www.leg.state.mn.us/
New! See the MN DNR Annual Report to the Legislature on AIS for 2013:
MN DNR is offering new updated Aquatic Invasive Species Volunteer training in Detroit Lakes on 4/16/14, in Bemidji on 4/23/14 and in Walker on 5/7/14:
* Please let LLAA know if you complete this new training.