Restore the Shore Tree Orders for Spring 2018
The 2017 deadline for submitting your "Restore the Shore" Tree Order form and payment for the delivery of trees in the Spring 2018 is coming up on
Thursday, October 26, 2017.
Please mail your 2017 Tree Order Form pdf
Long Lake Area Association
with your check
(payable to LLAA) to the following address:
PO Box 808
Park Rapids, MN 56470
Our Association "Restore the Shore" Coordinator, Sharon Natzel, will combine LLAA's order for the HC COLA/SWCD RtS program.
If you have questions, please call Sharon at 218-732-5749 or email email@example.com.
Long Lake Association has several members who are working on restoring the shore projects. Below are some of their experiences and hints so that others can start their own projects.
Some Possible Project Goals:
- Protect the lake from runoff and fertilizer.
- Enhance shoreline appearance.
- Create a habitat for wildlife. (birds, frogs and other water creatures)
- Provide some of the installation labor.
- Keep the cost reasonable.