Restore the Shore Tree Orders for Spring 2019
The 2019 deadline for submitting your "Restore the Shore" Tree Order form and payment for the delivery of trees in the Spring 2019 is coming up on
Thursday, October 22, 2018
Please mail your click here to go to COLA website and find the pdf order form
Long Lake Area Association
with your check
(payable to LLAA) to the following address:
PO Box 808
Park Rapids, MN 56470
Our Association "Restore the Shore" Coordinator, Sharon Natzel, will combine LLAA's order for the HC COLA/SWCD RtS program.
If you have questions, please call Sharon at 763-355-7908 or
Long Lake Association has several members who are working on restoring the shore projects. Below are some of their experiences and hints so that others can start their own projects.
Some Possible Project Goals:
- Protect the lake from runoff and fertilizer.
- Enhance shoreline appearance.
- Create a habitat for wildlife. (birds, frogs and other water creatures)
- Provide some of the installation labor.
- Keep the cost reasonable.